Monday, February 1, 2016

Getting Real

As some of you know, my other blog is kind of puppies and rainbows kinds of posts.  I usually post pictures of the kids or things that our family is doing.  This blog was started to help me in my spiritual growth, as well as hopefully help anyone who may have some of the same struggles that I face.  Today's post is one that deals with three of my main weight/body image issues.  I have Binge Eating Disorder, Compulsive Eating Disorder, and Body Dysmorphic Disorder.  The first two are pretty sellf-explanatory in that I like to eat a lot, however they are a bit more serious than that.  They are classified as diseases just like alcoholism.  I came wired this way and I struggle with the need/desire to eat far more than my body was ever designed to at one sitting each and every day.  The last disorder can be summed up in that I live life through the eyes of a fun house mirror.  I never see beauty, no matter how much make up I have on, how fancy my clothes are, or how much weight I have lost.  All I see are flaws and imperfections...always.  Below are a few quotes of what it's like living this way everyday.

 This is the symbol for eating disorder survivors.  I don't foresee ever getting a tattoo, but if I ever did this is what I would get.  (Not the words, just the symbol.)



2 comments:

  1. We all have some letters to describe us that signify we have weaknesses or challenges. Here are some new ones to focus on F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! You aren't gonna tell yourself that, so when you feel down just know that the only letters I use to describe you include those. Btw, exercise and eating still working and I bought a new book that is really quite interesting. Check out the latest blog. If you download the text, tell me what you think. I swear this person knows me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading your post-the book sounds amazing!
    Btw, thanks for your sweet words about how you would describe me-means everything!!

    ReplyDelete