Monday, February 15, 2016

Miracles Never Cease

So as many of you know there is a certain someone in my life that I do not get along well with at all.  I argue with this person on almost every issue imaginable and we are at odds almost constantly in some form or fashion.  Back in January I took it upon myself to let this person know that it was ok if we didn't have a relationship as such, that way when we had to be around each other there wouldn't be so much tension.  Instead of there being that awkward tension of "ok, we're in the room together...this is miserable," now we can just both be on the same page of "neither of us like each other so let's just focus on something else and not even deal with each other."  I figured it was the perfect solution.  As luck would have it we have not had the occasion to be in the same room, or even the same venue, together until yesterday when the Jacob side of the family gathered together for my mother-in-law's birthday.  I prayed, and admittedly fretted a bit, about it all week.  I prayed for God's grace to shield me from any negativity that may rise up during the day and for God to just surround me with peace.  I brought my Bible study materials with me to keep me busy and went to church bright and early Sunday morning hoping to carry God with me throughout the day.  Just in case the Bible study wasn't enough I also brought my camera so I could capture some fun moments of the grandkids having fun together since they rarely get to see each other.

I was completely floored and amazed.  Said individual was uncharacteristically pleasant.  She was engaging in conversation with me unprompted and was surprisingly complimentary of my weight loss and exercise efforts.  She was not on her ever-present iPhone as is usually the case and she even sought me out to converse with me when I disappeared for a while to do my Bible study.  I am not sure if my antenna should be up or if this is the love and grace of God working in this relationship in my life that is in much need of repair, but I will just take each meeting as it comes and pray for the best.  God truly does work miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment