Sunday, January 8, 2017

New Year, New Struggles, New Opportunities

So I haven't blogged in quite some time.  Not sure if it is due to laziness or just not much to say. Probably also due to depression and lack of desire to make an effort.  So much has happened since I last posted.  Dan and I were planning to pick up the family and move to Florida.  We were going to start new jobs and get away from the negativity of our current living situation.  New people, new environment, new jobs, new opportunities.  As usual, just when you think you have it all figured out, God throws a monkey wrench in the plans - but always for good readon.  Dan moved to Florida for two months for training-so I am now a single parent and will be for the foreseeable future, we had to move to a new apartment (which is actually much nicer) because our old apartment got rented when we thought we were moving, and I didn't get to start the new job that I was so excited about that I had been hired for in Florida.

But I know God is working in our lives, just in ways that may not be as evident or obvious as I might like.  Dan is thriving at his new job.  His co-workers are amazing and supportive and he is doing the job he has always wanted to do.  The kids will get to stay in Easley and finish out the school year with their friends.  They also get to stay close to both sets of grandparents for another six months, which is great for all parties involved.

I am still in a job that I struggle with daily and a finding that my co-workers talk behind my back what is told in confidence to them.  I thought I had people I could trust but am learning the hard way that is not the case.

Church is good, all things considered.  The messages are uplifting and relevant, but the friendships that I made seem to dwindle daily.  Either the ladies pull away, push me away, talk behind my back, or ignore me altogether.  I am not sure I know how to make solid friendships, but I do pray that God will guide me.  Perhaps He is allowing this to occur so that saying goodbye to these people won't be as difficult when we move.  I just pray that one day I can make solid female friendships based on the foundation of Christ and that I can learn to trust people, as right now that is one of my biggest issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment