Saturday, April 16, 2016

Strong Side Effects

So as anyone who knows me or has been reading this blog since its inception, I have a major difficulty when it comes to pulling my hair.  It is usually worse when I am stressed, but sometimes I just do it for no real reason at all.  Back in the fall I went on Prozac for my hair pulling, as well as just to ease stress that had come up at work.  While it was supposed to make me have more of a "no worries" attitude it kind of just gave me an "I don't really care about anything" attitude.  It made me feel reclusive and not want to be near anyone.  Not a good way to be when you have are a wife and mother and your family wants to spend time with you.

Fast forward to January/February of 2016 and me trying to get off my meds cold turkey.  Not fun at all!  I was nauseated and had awful migraines, as well as abdominal pains-basically all of the symptoms of withdrawal.   Oh joy!  At the beginning of April I decided to get back on the Prozac because my hair pulling was getting bad again.  Unfortunately as a result of getting on these meds I became reclusive and withdrawn again.  I could feel it but wasn't sure how manifested these feelings were on the outside.  Dan brought it to my attention so I had some choices to make.  Stay on the meds (which weren't helping anyway) or switch things up.  Back in the fall I was also prescribed Lexapro, which did not work for my hair situation so I switched to the Prozac.  Instead of going through withdrawals I am  going to try to switch to the Lexapro and see if it helps my disposition.  Will be relying on God (which I should have in the first place) to take care of the hair stuff.  He's got this!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment